Wednesday 12 December 2018

Resetting the clock

It has been almost a year and a half since I have posted to this blog.  For a reason or not, the sentences which used to flow out of me had dried up.  As life does, life can be busy.. curve balls are thrown and we either catch them or we don't. 

I left my little ship lonely in a Mexican boat yard.  Intentions were 6 months.. 18 months later,  she still sits waiting for me.. 

I got caught up.

I left Golden Hind IV for the promise of an expedition in 2017.  The expedition was a failure.. Poor planning?  Poor communication?  

Poor judgement on my part.

But with every door that closed, another door opens.  I bought another property, worked in an amazing little northern Canadian town, made incredible friends..  All in all, it was worth my effort to go North..  But always in the back of my mind, Golden Hind IV.  She has been waiting..  waiting, and I am just about there..  soon, in one month, I will be back on her decks.  And the adventure continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment