Tuesday 19 August 2014

Golden Hind IV

I made the selection and bought the Albin Vega..  This boat was selected after a few years of research into micro yachting, and single handed cruising blogs/stories.  The Albin Vega 27 is a world renoun'd mini ocean cruiser, easily handled by one or two crew members.  They are robust, short rigged and surprisingly comfortable for their size.

My Vega needed some work after the previous owner was only able to partially complete many projects...  She is fully rewired with a complete NEW power management system from dock hookup to charging to LED lighting.  Since then, I have added the solar equipment and wind turbine from the good folks at www.islandlifewholesale.com  .
Now my little lady is fully powered with state of the art chart plotting, GPS, sonar, AIS and VHF and SSB communications.  Soon the new sails will be added along with all new soft rigging.


Here the story begins...  I want this blog to document my process I need to follow to get ready to step offshore.  Technical issues to training opportunities like the 2014 Vic Maui which I competed on Team Turicum..

1 comment: