Tuesday 19 August 2014

So I decided that I should start moving away from the typical Facebook for documenting my travels and life on the water.  I have been lucky enough to be able to enjoy life the way I want to for the most part.  Aside from being a slave to the working world, I have started to focus for the past few years on my passion...  Sailing.


As of the summer of 2014, I have moved onto my little Albin Vega 27 with my dog, Duke and Mylo.  As part of my planning to make the big step from the land to water, I watched many videos and read many blogs about living a minimalist lifestyle.  These helped but one never really understands until you do it.  Upshot of it all, I love it.  The freedom to just pull up anchor and find another private cove is a freedom that many envy.  What it doesn't prepare you for is how much you need to downsize.  Everything you thought you needed, you can pretty much get rid of.  Its hard, like an addiction.  First the thoughts of how you can live without is almost too much to handle, but, once its gone, I don't miss much.  Living like this is taking the passion of sailing to a whole new level.  A lifestyle.  It is a beautiful lifestyle and I hope more and more people can learn to escape the rat race, simplify and find more time for yourself.

 This is your life, go live it!



No comments:

Post a Comment